Ruby on Rails Developer
JibJab is looking for an experienced candidate to join their Full Stack team in Hermosillo to help them support and build JibJab.com This position can be remote or on-site.
- Ruby on Rails
- Ruby on Rails upgrades, preferably from version 4 to 6
- Postgres SQL
- SPA’s such as Ember
- Caching strategies, and working with different types of caches
- Working with queues, such as SQS
- Diagnosing production issues, using logs and reports from customers
- Debugging efficiently and effectively
- Backend and Frontend Page Performance analysis, using modern approaches and tools
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with engineering teammates, and product managers
- Ability to implement user story requirements and commit to story point estimates
- Serverless and Micro Service architecture
Salary and Benefits:
- Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits.
- Down-to-earth, genuinely nice, and wickedly smart team of colleagues.
- Casual, fun, work-hard/play-hard environment.
- Your job is to make people HAPPY! What better karma could you ask for?
- 100% of salary registered at IMSS (as it should be).
- 10 vacation days since the first year of employment.
- Gym membership sponsorship for yourself and your significant other.
- Private Minor and Major Medical Insurance with $3,000,000 MXN in coverage (capped at a cost of $54,000 pesos a year).
- Medical Travel insurance for any emergency while abroad for you and your family.
- Life and Disability Insurance (Up to $2,000,000 MXN).
- Increased benefits as more people join our company.
We are a company by employees, for employees. We put people before profits. Unlike other companies, we can brag that we put the well-being of the employee first, and that we have complied with the Mexican law from day 1 (and not when we were forced to do it).