Are you passionate about high-quality software delivery? Top Hat is looking for someone to drive our quality assurance and release management functions. You’ll show off your creative problem-solving skills on a regular basis as you establish and improve our processes. Integrate learning and feedback cycles throughout our delivery to enable the continuous testing needed for our continuous deployment practice. Apply your knowledge and experience with integration, release, feature flags, performance, usability, UAT, and regression testing to supervise the planning and execution of manual and automated testing across our cross-functional delivery teams.
- Lead our release management, manual QA, and automated testing teams. Set direction, provide mentorship, and manage future hiring needs for these functions.
- Own the quality and release practices of our Product & Engineering organization. Scale operations across a growing number of
cross-functional teams. Help our leaders speak more effectively to their respective domains so that team stakeholders integrate an understanding of quality into decision-making.
- Help us build out our test engineering practice by managing a new team of Software Developers in Test which will own our test automation platforms and strategies.
- Work with our product management, design, user research, customer success, revenue, and marketing teams on release coordination and communication. Help us prepare for and execute successful rollouts that meet our high-quality standards.
- You have at least 2 years of experience managing QA and/or release functions.
- You are a quick learner and you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment.
- You are detail-oriented and you like to spot and fix inconsistencies (in software or process) to produce a top-quality product.
- You understand how to integrate testing into development and delivery processes.
- Experienced with various types of testing, manual and/or automated.
- You’ve written test plans and/or automation in past or current roles and have experience evaluating and integrating testing frameworks and processes.
- DevOps experience is a plus but not required.
- You are excited to have a tangible impact on a product and service used by professors, students, authors, and other faculty.
Salary and Benefits:
- Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits.
- 100% of salary registered at IMSS (as it should be).
- Retirement housing and social security are of course included within the 100% registry of IMSS.
- Ability to work remotely.
- 15 vacation days since the first year of employment.
- Private Minor and Major Medical Insurance with $20,000,000 MXN in coverage for you and your direct family.
- Medical Travel insurance for any emergency while abroad for you and your family.
- Life and Disability Insurance (Up to $2,000,000 MXN).
- Savings Fund with 100% company-match policy.
- Personal Savings Plan (Caja de Ahorro) set up by the company.
- Gym membership sponsorship for yourself and your significant other.
- Great work environment / relaxed atmosphere.
- Increased benefits as more people join our company.
Why team members love working at Top Hat :
- A noble mission that creates meaningful, fulfilling work
- A team that cares deeply for customers and for each other
- Professional learning and development for all role levels
- An awesome and welcoming Toronto HQ, and a growing sales hub in Austin, Texas
- Competitive health benefits that start on day one
- A management team focused on performance, growth, engagement, and connection
- Our winning strategy and market potential
- Innovative PTO policy with lots of time and space for self-care
- Passionate customers that believe in us—and what we do
We are a company by employees, for employees. We put people before profits. Unlike other companies, we can brag that we put the well-being of the employee first and that we have complied with the Mexican law from day 1 (and not when we were forced to do it).