Software QA Engineer
The JibJab technology team is seeking an experienced Software QA engineer with strong problem-solving and critical thinking skills to contribute to our testing efforts. This is a position for a self-starter who has strong mobile and web testing skills and an ability to learn new skills in a fast-paced development environment. Can be a remote position.
Key Skills: API Testing, QA Automation, Self-Starter.
- Develop and execute testing plans and strategies based on requirement documents and timelines for web, mobile, and API products.
- Work with stakeholders to ensure the application meets requirements and customer expectations.
- Create and execute both manual and automated test cases on various platforms.
- Verify test case coverage from requirement documentation.
- Create software defect reports in the defect tracking system.
- Organize and prioritize testing tasks as needed to meet project timelines.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in software quality assurance required.
- Principal participation in the testing of websites and mobile applications for iOS and Android is required.
- Experience testing REST APIs and server applications without a UI required.
- Experience with relational database concepts and SQL queries required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills are required.
- Experience with using automated test frameworks such as EggPlant, Selenium, and JMeter
- Experience with UNIX/Linux command line.
- Experience working independently and leading small teams strongly preferred.
- Must be flexible and able to adapt to changing requirements and schedules.
Why choose JibJab:
- We have a flexible work environment: use a standing desk, time-shift your hours to beat traffic, or change projects to expand your skillset.
- JibJab is the fusion of art and technology, which means you can collaborate with world-class artists and animators when you’re tired of debating other engineers about which framework is the best.
Salary and Benefits:
- Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits.
- Down-to-earth, genuinely nice, and wickedly smart team of colleagues.
- Casual, fun, work-hard/play-hard environment.
- Your job is to make people HAPPY! What better karma could you ask for?
- 100% of salary registered at IMSS (as it should be).
- 10 vacation days since the first year of employment.
- Gym membership sponsorship for yourself and your significant other.
- Private Minor and Major Medical Insurance with $20,000,000 MXN in coverage for employee and direct family, regardless of position or seniority.
- Medical Travel insurance for any emergency while abroad for you and your family.
- Life and Disability Insurance (Up to $2,000,000 MXN).
- Coming Soon: Savings Fund with 100% company-match policy.
We are a company by employees, for employees. We put people before profits. Unlike other companies, we can brag that we put the well-being of the employee first, and that we have complied with the Mexican law from day 1 (and not when we were forced to do it).